Sunday 15 January 2012

MAKE DO AND MEND







'Make Do and Mend' should be making a bit of a comeback in 2012. Taking old tired clothes and giving them a bit of love and care to transform them into something new, shiny and much more wearable. The above tartan creation recently found it's way out of the attic and into my sewing pile. It was a bit hideous at the time. A floor length, long sleeved, poo-buttoned nightmare. Now I am no genius with a needle, but chopping off a couple of feet of fabric and swapping the buttons for some celtic inspired gold ones, took all of an hour and cost ZERO! I'm not entirely sure how i'm going to wear it yet without looking like a wannabe harajuku girl, but that will come to me with time. The ribbon inspired font I've been playing with needs a bit of work too!



No comments:

Post a Comment